Located in Churchill, Manitoba, the polar bear and beluga whale capital of the world, the Tundra Inn is a unique and exciting setting to work in Northern Manitoba. Open seasonally, this hotel hosts travellers from around the world who are in search of the area's extraordinary polar bears, beluga whales, and northern lights. If you would like to see for yourself why Churchill is an exciting place to live, work, and play, join our team!
We are currently recruiting versatile , adventure seeking, experienced servers to work in the Tundra Inn Pub on a full-time, term basis from July - November, 2023.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Servers' primary responsibility is to deliver an excellent guest experience to Tundra Pub patrons. This includes greeting guests, taking food and beverage orders and delivering them to patrons, and always providing prompt and courteous service. Servers are also responsible for clearing, cleaning and setting tables, maintaining stock, and completing daily opening and closing duties.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 2+ years’ restaurant serving experience.
- Valid Smart Choices for Responsible Service certification.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English; other languages are an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to use a point of sale (POS) system to place food and beverage orders and process payments.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills, including interpersonal skills, empathy, and patience.
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Job is in Churchill, Manitoba, a remote, northern location.
- Must be of legal age to serve liquor.
- Must be able to safely lift 23 kilograms (50 pounds).
- The ability to travel to Churchill, Manitoba by air and/or train is required.
- Closed-toe, slip-resistant, comfortable footwear is required.
- Staff housing is available.
- Overtime may be required during evenings, weekends, and on holidays.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Company events
- On-site gym
- Housing allowance
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position