Senior Developers at Coconut Software act as the technical lead for projects by creating solutions that meet market needs relating to architecture, implementation, testing and maintenance. Senior Developers oversee and mentor Junior Developers within the organization and are responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code with required documentation that meets development goals. This role has a strong focus on business outcomes and the relationship between departmental development goals and overall company goals. The successful candidate for this role will understand how to motivate and engage a team while having the leadership skills needed to influence effective team work and task work throughout the development cycle in order to drive business outcomes.
- Design, code, and test major features in collaboration with Team Members, Design Engineers, Documentation Specialists, Application Scientists, and other members of the development and technical team to deliver complex changes.
- Define, design, and implement, multi-tiered object-oriented distributed software applications.
- Provide leadership for the development team.
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Perform maintenance programming for existing version.
- Perform custom programming as assigned.
- Fix defects and add features to the software.
- Debug and test software implementation.
- Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Participate in the design and implementation of databases.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
- Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Mentor and supervise junior developers.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Implement software modules, on the embedded platform and analysis workstation.
- Ensure work progress to schedule and keep (internal) customers informed of the projects progress.
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job.
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design projects.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience writing / working with REST and associated technologies (JWT, JWE, etc)
- Strong understanding of GIT and associated workflows (pull requests, code reviews)
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented programming, preferably in (but not restricted to) PHP 7+
- Advanced understanding in server-side software development, preferably with (but not restricted to) Laravel, or CakePHP
- MariaDB (MySQL) experience
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks like cabana days, catered lunches, and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to launch your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Flex time
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Parking Allowance
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor