Branch Service Manager
The Branch Service Manager oversees Inspection, Service and Installation operations for their geographical area. The service manager is responsible for supporting and mentoring branch service people as well as their subordinates, to assure they continually meet and exceed both customer expectations and the companies’ goals and objectives. The service manager analyzes and responds to customer complaints and requests regarding the goods and services the organization sells and ensures Best Practices are followed to Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
● implement and manage the organizations service policies, procedures, standards, and strategies based on the companies goals and objectives.
●Measure and analyze work performed and recommend improvements to service processes to senior management.
●Plan, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the service department activities and budget for the organization.
● Ensure all service activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization.
●Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, standards, and best practices.
●Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of all service activities.
● Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to the service function for upper management.
●Analyze service related information and evaluate the results to choose the best resolutions and alternatives to service challenges, and to identify opportunities to improve customer service.
● Confer with senior management, other department heads and staff coordinating service activities.
● Collaborate and communicate knowledge (e.g., market information, customer insights, trends, etc.) across the business.
● Identify opportunities to add value beyond problem resolution to relevant business areas (e.g., sales, marketing, product development, etc.)
●Maintain current technical skills and apply new knowledge to management tasks for the improvement of service activities.
● Maintain product or service knowledge.
● Provide service personnel with guidance in handling difficult or complex issues and problems so they can be resolved effectively and efficiently.
● Interview, select, coach, train, instruct, manage and appraise the performance of service personnel.
● Mentor select staff.
● Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
● Establish work schedules.
● Review all work load requirements to assure that adequate staff are available to meet client needs while assuring profitability.
● Oversee H&S requirements for the field service staff to assure all Provincial, Federal, Trade and Internal laws, rules and regulations are met and training is current.
● Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding the service department policies and procedures.
● Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers, suppliers and other departments.
● Perform and/or direct day to day service administrative tasks.
● Oversee large projects to assure schedules are met and the job meets functional and financial expectations.
· Perform other duties as assigned as requested and required.
Georgian Bay offers a competitive salary, commissions and benefits program.
Remuneration is based on level and experience and includes shared medical & dental coverage, tuition reimbursement, vehicle usage and more.