Join Our Team As Resident and Family Services Coordinator!
Jarlette Health Services is a family-centric organization that has built a tradition of excellence in making an outstanding difference in the lives of the residents, families, employees, and communities it serves. As a proudly Canadian organization, with 14 Long Term Care Homes and 7 Retirement Lodges across Ontario, Jarlette Health Services has established itself as an industry leader with over 50 years of experience in the dynamic senior care sector.
At this time, we are looking for passionate, results-driven individuals to join and grow with our team. Jarlette Health Services is proud to offer competitive wages, benefit packages and career advancement opportunities. The Resident and Family Services Coordinator is responsible and accountable for providing a smooth transition for resident admission and continued placement. Ensures and provides support to residents and families before, during and following the Admission Process acting as a resident advocate.
Ideal Candidate Traits & Qualifications
- Must have a post-secondary school diploma or degree in Nursing, Social Work or other related field from a community college or university.
- Minimum of 2 years experience Long Term Care (Gerontology)
- Must demonstrate an active interest in ongoing education
- Must demonstrate good communication skills
- Must have an understanding of the Nursing Processes
- Assists in interpreting legislation to families and collaborates with the Nursing/medical team to implement legislation when required
- Participates in the Admission Care Path, from the tour process to the Admission Conference, visiting residents on the waiting list, orientation of new residents and families to the Home
- Offering support during the admission and adjustment phase
- Maintains complete confidentiality in carrying out all responsibilities associated with the position
- Assists to strengthen communication among residents, families and staff
- Acts as a liaison with the Community Care Access Centre and Discharge Planners
Please note, employment with Jarlette Health Services will be contingent on receipt of a current Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening. Jarlette Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know.