The Utility/Pipeline Technician is responsible for the basic day-to-day operations of the gathering and jurisdictional pipelines and associated facilities in a manner that fully supports the Medallion Vision and Objectives. The Pipeline Technician ensures that the pipeline systems and facilities are in compliance with the Medallion's Safety Policy and Procedure and applicable Regulatory requirements.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in safety meetings and develop knowledge in all Safety Policies and industry safety standards.
- Identify and report safety hazards, actively strive to provide a Safe work environment for company employees, customers, contractors, and the public, and set an example for a less experienced coworker.
- Perform routine ROW maintenance, pipeline marker maintenance and completion of DOT/Company documentation.
- Plan and perform maintenance activities for crude pipelines, equipment, overpressure protection devices, valves, and other related appurtenances.
- Report daily operations data on spreadsheets and databases to track, pipeline, pigging schedules, DOT compliance issues, and O&M.
- Assist in overseeing contractor work performance and adherence to company safety policies.
- Develop knowledge of the State Pipeline Locate System and perform locate assignments assuring proper use of line locating equipment.
- Develop knowledge of the Access Midstream GIS Systems and ensure good communication with GPS Updates.
- Develop knowledge of internal and external pipeline corrosion programs.
- Develop knowledge of the measurement disciplines and assist when needed.
- To be available for callouts and nonstandard work schedules.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Any associate who drives a company or personal vehicle for Company business must possess a valid driver license and follow all guidelines that are outlined in the Company’s Fleet Policy.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- 0-3 years of industry experience.
- Preferred production and/or construction experience.
- Must be able to work with all levels of co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Must possess good communication skills including written reports, oral and email.
- Must be a team player as well as a goal-oriented individual who functions with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Must commit to and demonstrate the company’s core values: Respect, Responsiveness, and Commitment to Serve.
Works both indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment with temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment. Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., and apply up to 100-foot-pounds of torque. Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position. Must be able to bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels. Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work. May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels). Must have the ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
About this Company:
Medallion Midstream is one of the fastest growing pipeline companies in the Permian Basin area. Exciting new growth, developing markets, and innovative ways to help move energy are some of the reasons why today's professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Medallion Midstream.
We are committed to our core values – Respect, Responsiveness, and Commitment to Serve – and believe in hiring people who are aligned with these values to ensure success as an organization. Our employees are offered a competitive compensation package, in addition to a great benefits package that provides employees with the flexibility to make elections based on their personal and family needs.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for success and can commit to our core values, we invite you to apply today.
Medallion Midstream, LLC is an employer that offers equal opportunities. We evaluate qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.