The employee works primarily in the donation center at Liberty Thrift & Home Furnishings and is in direct contact with customers and donors all day. The Donor Service Associate helps unload customer’s vehicles and assists with processing those donations. In between customer donations, he/she processes incoming donations with care and by following the systems for donations according to that specific store. The Donor Service Associate helps organize outgoing merchandise as well as helping the truck drivers load and unload donations.
- Accepting donations from customers according to Liberty Thrift guidelines.
- Writing tax receipts for customers according to the Liberty Thrift standards.
- Cleaning, processing, organizing and distributing donations after they have been dropped off.
- Assist with workflow of merchandise.
- Moving furniture and stacking neatly while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Help transport and display furniture and other product onto store floor.
- Sorting donations into different seasons and holidays and efficiently packaging and storing for future seasons.
- Loading product into customer’s vehicles as well as loading trucks for deliveries.
- Helping truck drivers load and unload donations on and off Liberty vehicles.
- Promote fundraising efforts for Liberty Ministries (Summer Camp, Christmas Stockings, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a friendly attitude.
- Be physically strong and capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Capable of sorting through donations and using discretion.
- Strong communication skills with donors, customers and management.
- Must be capable of unloading and loading trucks.
- Must be in good physical health to be able to lift and carry furniture on and off the truck as well as into a home owner’s home (if needed) and the thrift stores.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, kneel, push, and pull.
- Must also be respectful of the things customers are donating.
- Must understand and be able to operate store equipment such as, hand-truck, dollies, pallet jack, containers, tape gun, fumigation sprayer, taggers, and locks on bins.
- Good organizational skills
- Be neat in appearance and practice good hygiene.
- Good discernment on proper donor/customer interaction that is reflective of Liberty Ministries.
- Must be trustworthy with customer’s donations.
- Must be supportive of working for a Christian Ministry, accepting the mission statements of Liberty Thrift & Liberty Ministries.
- Must be able to communicate in English, including reading, writing and counting.
- Must follow Liberty Thrift policy and procedures and support working as a team.
- Must take direction well and show initiative.
- Must be able to work outside in all climates.
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled