Medical Office Assistant
Performs a range of basic office support activities for the pain clinic, such as answering phones and directing calls, greeting and directing visitors, answering questions, and performing routine clerical, data entry, and/or word processing work as assigned.
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes messages, and provides general information; greets and directs patients; answers routine inquiries; maintains a log of inquiries as required.
- Books appointments into the scheduling system using the appropriate process for differing treatments and patients.
- Schedules or assist in scheduling patient appointments, physician and nursing staff, meetings, and/or conferences, as appropriate to the position
- Opens and routes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to clinic staff or Head Office.
- Performs a variety of routine typing assignments as appropriate to the position; may operate a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; types and mails form letters.
- Copies and/or duplicates materials as requested; may oversee the day-to-day operation of the copy machine; may prepare and transmit facsimiles for the unit.
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
- Ensures test results and risk assessments are entered into the system within the week received. (UDT, ORT)
- May perform specialized services of a routine clerical/administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position. One example would be to process dictated notes from physicians per policy with the provider and files all consult notes into patient charts.
- Orders, stock, and distribute office and medical supplies.
- May run various routine errands, as required, for the clinic.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum education: Graduate of Medical Office Administration program
- Minimum 2 years of MOA experience
- Strong knowledge and use of Computers (Word, Excel, Email)
- Previous Experience with Telus PS Suite (EMR) is considered an asset
- Strong word processing and/or data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.