Family Programs Intern- Spring 2022 (Paid Internship)
The Spring Family Programs Intern is responsible for planning, assisting, and co-leading the educational programming focusing on youth and family audiences. These spring programs include Scout Week and programs related to temporary exhibitions and museum commemorations. The project-based internship also assists in the independent research and development of youth activities and community partnerships for the museum’s suite of 2022 Summer Camp programs. The schedule will include select dates Tuesday through Saturday from January 11 through May 7, 2022.
- Student currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s level program in education, history, arts administration or related field.
- Minimum of one year experience working with children in a school, camp, or related environment.
- Must be mature, reliable, creative, friendly, and energetic.
- Must be able to pass a background check and successfully complete Louisiana State mandatory reporter training (online).
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift weights up to 20 pounds; may require prolonged siting, standing and/or walking during which time objects are transported; may require bending, squatting, or reaching and occasional use of equipment.
The position is subject to change in response to program needs as we continue to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.