Ice Maintenance Staff
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings, and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
One of our locations – Planet Ice, located in the city of Maple Ridge, British Columbia, is currently seeking 2-3 full-time/part-time Ice Maintenance staff. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all areas of the facility, including 2 ice surfaces, common areas, and a restaurant. The successful candidate should be positive and team-oriented while providing exceptional customer service.
This role will carry out the day to day tasks which includes, but not exclusive to:
- Equipment operation
- Janitorial maintenance including building maintenance
- Maintain a good working relationship with other staff, the public, and most importantly the facility users
- Able to exercise some independence in judgment and action in accordance with established practices and procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on various shifts as the arena operates 7 days a week, 24 hours per day
- Able to deal tactfully and firmly with groups and individuals to ensure observance of rules and regulations
- Prepare reports and organize records.
- High School diploma
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- WHMIS Training certificate
- A BC Government 4th Class power Engineer Certificate, Refrigeration Operators Ticket, or Ice Facility Operator Ticket, or willing to obtain a ticket during the probationary period.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in ice-making and refrigeration operation
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work
- Experience in operating ice resurfacing equipment, edgers, ice making, and refrigeration equipment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Portrays a very professional demeanor
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player, willing to take initiative, and eager to learn
Compensation: Will be commensurate with experience.
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements, and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position