At Elmer's, we've been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for over 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
To meet the growing demand for our product we're currently seeking a Quality Technician. In this position you will work with internal & external customers to exceed quality expectations and to develop new quality control processes and procedures.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
· Ensure product quality and reliability through application of training, auditing, inspection and Quality Control (QC) measures.
· Use root cause based problem-solving methods to identify and eliminate quality problems for both purchased and manufactured goods.
· Use effective written and verbal communication to relay technical information internally and externally.
· Ensure information documented in CAD models, drawings, checklists, manuals and SOPs is up-to date, accurate and complete.
· Develop written documents such as Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) and Corrective Action Reports (CARs) as needed.
We're Looking For:
· Evidence Based Problem-solving, decision making, and critical thinking skills
· Oral and written skills
· Document use skills including the ability to interpret technical documents
· Digital technology skills including Office applications and CAD
· Ability to perform tasks independently and work well with others to develop solutions
· Degree or diploma in mechanical engineering is considered an asset
· Continuous improvement training or experience is considered an asset
· Previous experience in quality control or supplier relations is considered an asset
In addition to a competitive salary, benefits, and pension plan, we offer a dynamic, growing workplace that provides opportunities for all staff to have an impact.
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB - 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring, and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational, and educational opportunities for all ages. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there's no better place to be.
Elmer's Manufacturing Ltd. welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.