Preschool Classroom Leader
DEPARTMENT: Preschool (Birth-4 Years)
LOCATION: CBC Main Campus
REPORTS TO: Preschool Team Leader
Normal Work Schedule / Status: 15-20 Hours per week, non-exempt. Availability for Sundays is preferred, and we have kids classes that meet almost every day of the week, so flexible hours are also available for both morning and evening shifts Monday-Thursday.
Summary: Join our awesome CBC Kids ministry and experience the fulfillment of being used by God to make a difference in the lives of kids. This position is a part of a team of leaders who make our ministry to preschool-age children happen every week. This position also helps to guide and assist volunteers in leading and serving the children.
- Lead ministry activities for a preschool class during services, including teaching Bible lessons, leading groups in crafts/experiments/activities, leading in singing, recreational play, and other children's activities
- Build relationships with and consistently encourage and pray for parents, children, and volunteers connected to the ministry
- Participate in planning/preparation to provide environments for kids to experience a relationship with Jesus Christ through weekly services and classes
- Assist with the set-up of rooms and small group supplies for weekend services and mid-week classes, as needed
- Assist with overseeing the drop-off/pick-up of children during weekend service hours
- Help to recruit, train, and empower volunteers to minister to our children in these environments
- Work to ensure the quality of all areas, ensuring cleanliness, order, safety, and security of all rooms, equipment and supplies
- Assist with overall children’s ministry functions and special events through planning and attendance as needed
- Attend team meetings and CBC Kids staff meetings, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by the Preschool Team Leader
- 1+ years related work or volunteer experience
- Experience and knowledge pertaining to working with preschool aged children.
- Evidence of possessing and demonstrating the core values of CBC staff.
- Experience in CBC small group a plus.
- Attend worship regularly and special services/events as appropriate.
- Professing Christian, striving to live a Christian lifestyle, maintaining daily disciplines of Bible reading and prayer
- CBC Member
- Proficiency Tests, Background Check, Personality Profile, Drug Testing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- People Person, Energetic, Highly Motivated
- Has professional manner and high energy level, exhibits a positive attitude
- Team-work ethic
- Accepts new ideas and challenges
- Strong people skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good Leadership Ability
- Good Communication Skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of all CBC safety standards and procedures of the church and those specific to children’s ministry
Sitting, walking, bending, stooping, and lifting children 10-75 lbs, occasional events/activities outdoors in the heat, occasional events/activities requiring prolonged standing.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.