We are seeking a working Foreman to join our Paving
Division. The Foreman is responsible for the managing and directing of specific
projects assigned to them by the Project Manager, in such a manner as to
provide cost effectiveness, optimum profitability in operations and promote a
harassment-free, safe work environment and culture.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of asphalt paving
- Manage paving projects
- Order materials and trucking for projects
- Work with project manager and scheduling to ensure the
highest productivity rate.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction
related duties as required.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Work with Safety Department to investigate damage, incidents
or near misses in the worksite, and ensure proper procedures are carried out
according to the Company’s Safety Program.
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special
initiatives, as required. Qualifications Education, Training and Certifications
- Overtime as required
- Be able to work nights and weekends if needed
- Must be pleasant to both internal and external
customers, while maintaining a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Able to follow a task to completion
- Able to work as part of a team, or independently
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to
handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, as well as reach with hands
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear
instructions, walk sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision. Depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be flexible with last minute schedule changes,
location changes, time of shift changes.
- Must have personal transportation to job sites
located throughout Chester County, Berks, Lancaster, Delaware and Montgomery