Processes a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payment in accordance with bank policy and procedures; maintains appropriate level of cash on hand; record all transactions accurately; responsible for managing and balancing cash draw daily; and provides customer service by promoting and selling bank services.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives cash and checks for deposit, verifies amounts and looks for check endorsements. Processes cash through currency counter to guard against acceptance of counterfeit bills.
- Cashes checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy.
- Enters transactions into computer and issues customer receipts.
- Counts cash and balances cash and checks against computer records at end of shift.
- Prepares official checks as requested.
- Explains bank services and charges to customers.
- Makes required monthly referrals for bank products and services to current and perspective customers.
- Observes suspicious behavior and reports any such activity to Resource Specialist and/or security personnel as appropriate. In the event of a robbery, remains calm and follows bank procedures to safeguard customers and staff.
- Substitutes as needed for customer service person during lunches and short breaks, and can perform simple functions such as accessing safe deposit boxes, and explaining ATM operations.
- Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled