At All American Home Care we value our employees like family. We celebrate success and encourage professional development.
We are actively seeking an experienced Authorizations assistant. The ideal candidate will have experience in authorizations, eligibility, billing and remittances.
- Performing electronic medical record review, reading medical and billing records
- Tracking authorizations and obtaining eligibility and benefit verification.
- Performing continuous audits on project processes to ensure compliance.
- Monitor authorized visits and request further authorization when needed; document correspondence in patient account
- Documents all tasks done on accounts in comments so others working on the account can easily get information needed for their job functions
- Follows up with insurance regarding determination for denials and retro-authorizations
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of all reports as requested
- Tracking invoices and claims ready to be invoiced on a daily basis for all consumers.
- Maintain an organized system for reviewing ready to invoice claims by maintaining a relationship with the insurance accounts via phone and/or email, as well as keeping all reports and follow-up documentation organized for regular review sessions with direct Supervisor. This would include but is not limited to requesting and filing all needed invoices, bill missed or skipped invoices, log all updates and track all past due accounts, etc.
- Act as a liaison between insurance account contacts and office personnel for all discrepancies involving claims.
- Research, follow up, and resolve all internal or external inquiries or problems via phone, mail, or e-mail in a professional manner and within established customer service guidelines.
- High school graduate; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of home care billing experience.
- HHA Experience required.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
All American Home Care is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We firmly believe that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the community and the client and employment experience of its members. We prohibit discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position