Red Seal Millwright
Who We Are
Emterra Group is a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused group of companies. organizations have been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for recycling, organics, and waste that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion and the circular economy. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC) and the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE).
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Be part of an entrepreneurial organization that wants to continue to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
- Be knowledgeable and practice safe procedures with respect to LOTO, fall arrest, hot work permits and confined space;
- Always wear the appropriate PPE;
- Be aware and alert of all plant moving equipment, belts, bearings, conveyors and machinery;
- Perform different jobs as assigned by supervisor or Manager;
- Assist in the design, implement and monitor preventative maintenance programs for all plant, facility and rolling stock (excavator, skid steer, forklift, etc.) and ensure that they are consistent with manufacturer’s and supplier’s maintenance manuals;
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly checklists in order to ensure adherence to preventative maintenance programs;
- Plans and adheres to work schedule consistent with the needs of the plant and maintenance programs;
- Maintain proper log books of all maintenance activities;
- Assist in managing inventory levels of critical replacement parts (internally & externally) in the most cost effective and efficient manner;
- Participate in Health & Safety initiatives of the plant;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management;
- Working hours: 8-10 hour shift rotations and weekends/holidays as required.
- Red Seal Millwright
- Must have excellent welding and fabrication skills;
- Technical expertise with hydraulics, pumps, motors, conveyors, shaft alignment, pulleys, belts and bearings and the ability to troubleshoot/diagnose failures of same;
- Excellent communication in both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position