Location Options- Clinton Township, Lincoln Park or Flint
The Biller will input all claim information following the CMS coding guidelines. Provides accurate patient demographic and insurance information and inputs information into patient record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review patient care reports thoroughly, utilizing all available documentation in order to establish medical necessity, selection of levels of service, origin/destination modifiers and patient condition at the of transport.
2. Assign condition codes for the reason(s) for the trip with 95% accuracy.
3. Meets established minimum coding productivity standards as defined by Medstar.
4. Maintain patient confidentiality and information security
5. Maintain working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding.
6. Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Training Requirements:
· High School diploma or GED
· Previous experience with Ambulance billing and Zoll Operating procedures preferred
· Strong computer and data entry skills
· Excellent typing and 10-key skills with (40WPM)
· Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills (including verbal and written)
· Strong organizational abilities
· CAC certification preferred
Medstar Ambulance Michigan is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled