The Front Desk Associate will greet and direct members, guests and staff as they enter the gym and provide control of the front door location. This position will provide assistance to member’s requests along with inquiries about gym operations & policies as well as perform various administrative duties as directed by the club director.
- M/W/F opening shift: 4:45am-10am
- Saturday rotation shift: 6:45am-1pm, 1-6pm
- Sunday rotation shift: 9am-3pm
- Desirable: High school diploma or in process of receiving one is required.
- Greets each member and guests promptly, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly, positive warm welcome upon entering the gym.
- Says Hello to all incoming guests and says Good-bye to all outgoing guests. WARM WELCOME/FOND FAREWELL
- Provides security and control to the front door area of the facility.
- Checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures.
- Monitor check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and notifies Director.
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures.
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate department in a prompt, professional manner.
- Answers phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and uses proper phone etiquette.
- Addresses caller’s requests and/or takes appropriate messages.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain professional appearance and wear proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty.
- Rolls towels and other materials as needed/requested.
- Reserves time/makes appointments for tanning, special classes or other activities sponsored by the gym.
- Processes retail and concession sales.
- Required to attend all staff meetings.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area according to Company standards.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Logs all maintenance concerns that are reported.
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports.
- Works when scheduled and adheres to company attendance policies.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Front desk manager.
- Perform duties. Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communication effectively with both staff and members is critical.
- Understanding of basic cash processing procedures is required.
- Functional computer skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task is very helpful to successfully
- Previous work experience in retail, hospitality or health club