Attorney- Non-Profit Law Firm
Legal Services of North Florida has an opening for an Attorney in our Tallahassee, FL location. Come work with great people who do hard work to better the lives of low-income and vulnerable individuals in our communities. LSNF handles more than 7,300 cases a year and does not charge their clients for their legal services. Be a part of a non-profit law firm, with 95+ employees in six offices across North Florida, that seeks legal justice while understanding the value of work-life balance. Work independently and as part of a team to obtain positive results for clients with a focus on civil law matters such as family law, disaster recovery, veterans' legal services, victims' advocacy, public benefits, and real property law.
Attorneys at LSNF have the ability to work collaboratively with superior legal professionals in civil litigation and administrative law to strategize and advocate on behalf of clients and seek justice. LSNF legal staff also engage in significant litigation including large scale impact work and appellate work. To fulfill the mission to remove barriers to legal access, LSNF carries out community education and outreach with two Justice on the Block mobile response units where individuals can speak to an attorney, apply for our services, or have assistance filing pro se documents.
Applicants should be a member of The Florida Bar in good standing, with preference given to candidates with public interest or legal aid experience. Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills, be comfortable interacting with clients, and have a desire to advocate. Applicants must complete Legal Services of North Florida online employment application and submit a resume to be considered for this position.
Salary offers depend on experience. Applicants who have recently passed the Bar exam but do not have attorney experience can expect an entry salary of $54,000.00. Candidates with ten years of experience or more can expect salary range of $74,000 or higher. Comprehensive fringe benefits package includes:
- Offices open to public Monday - Thursday
- Immediate paid time off includes holidays, sick leave, and personal leave
- Personal or vacation leave earnings equal 2.4 weeks a year and after two years, increases to five weeks per year
- 100% fully paid health insurance for employee & dependent children after 60 days of employment
- Employer paid life insurance policy of $25,000
- Employer contributes 6% to retirement/ 401K plan, after one year of full-time service, no match required
- Additional voluntary options of dental, vision, term life, disability, and other insurance coverages are also available.
- Flexible Work Plans including remote work options are available after 6 months of employment
To learn more about Legal Services of North Florida:
This company is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, national
origin, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other protected category.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position