POSITION SUMMARY: The Restaurant Server position will take orders and deliver them to our guests maintaining and enhancing the quality of our customer service. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues and follow established health and safety standards. The goal is to accelerate business development by providing customers with a memorable experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
- Attend to customers
- Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
- Take/serve orders and answer questions or make recommendations for other products
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/bar staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Proven restaurant serving or waitering experience
- Customer-oriented approach and patience
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Hands on experience in cashier duties and money handling
- Excellent people skills
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Minimum of 6 months in restaurant and/or bar-related positions preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in customer service preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma; food safety training will be considered a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Diner/ breakfast bar environment
- Involves some public contact
- Fast paced, high volume, high energy
- Hours may be part-time (less than 30 hours per week)
- Schedule could exceed 30 hours per week and may include overtime when approved by management
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
TC Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.