Shift: 7:00a-3:30p and 3:00p-11:10p
**Full & Part Time Available**
$3000 Sign On Bonus Available!!!!!
The CNA/Nurse's Aide is a key person responsible for delivering direct care to and providing a therapeutic environment for the residents under the supervision of the Licensed Nursing Staff. Delivers direct care to the residents in accordance with established routines, methods and techniques.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Assists with and/or performs procedures, with proper instruction and supervision, such as: admitting, transferring, discharging residents, taking T.P.R. and BP, measuring and recording intake and output: collecting specimens such as urine or stool; administers enemas; exercise.
- Provides palliative and end of life care to residents with dignity and respect for privacy while following the care plan and policies.
- Assures safety devices and precautions are being utilized; room temperature is compatible with resident needs; and assists nurses in giving treatments and examining residents.
- Provides general care to residents including bathing and dressing. Assures residents are properly and comfortably clothed at all times. Administers shampoos and hair care, shaves residents, trims nails, assists residents with personal and dental hygiene.
- Makes beds and organizes resident’s room.
- Comply with policies, procedures and specific protocols for resident lifts and transfers as designated by the care plan. Willingly seek help and assist others in lifting activities.
- Assists residents to and from bathrooms and provides assistance as necessary. Offers bedpans and urinals and assures incontinent residents are clean and dry, changing linens as needed. Encourages showers and other self-help measures and activities.
- Compares diet trays with diet orders before serving, serves trays, feed residents as necessary and removes trays. Assists with or provides personal care after meals. Transports residents, who are able, to the dining room and supervises/assists them while dining. Serves nourishment and fresh water.
- Transports residents as needed to activities. Encourages attendance at activities.
- Observes residents for physical and psycho-social needs, attitudes, reactions, appetites, etc., and reports unusual findings to the Charge Nurse or Nursing Supervisor.
- Accurately observe, recognize changes and report to nursing staff in a timely fashion. Communicate any changes from norm, or “unusual” observations to the nurse in a timely fashion. Report accidents, with or without injury, promptly to immediate supervisor.
- Provide care that minimizes the risk of skin breakdown by being attentive to the resident’s hygiene, proper positioning and injury prevention. Observe and report the presence of skin breakdown to nursing staff.
- Responds to resident call lights in a timely manner.
- Maintain an organized, neat, well-stocked resident unit.
- Anticipates and takes action to maintain a safe environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into daily work practices. Report all unsafe conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Utilize safety precautions as required for individual residents: i.e. seat belts, trays, side rails, etc.
- Support nursing staff in a calm, efficient manner during acute, emergency situations.
- Prepares residents for visits by a physician or physical therapist.
- Share knowledge with others. Act as a role model and mentor to new staff. Assist with orientation of new Certified Nursing Assistants as directed by the DON/Supervisor, as directed. Work to make new employees feel part of the Vincentian Collaborative System Team. Cooperate with other staff members to ensure maximum resident care and completeness of assignments. Assist peers with job tasks; offer to help peers as time permits. Work with others as a team to assure residents are out of bed, routine care is being provided and positioning is routinely being done. Bring patient care issues to the attention of the nurse.
- Demonstrate an understanding of boundaries when caring for residents and their families. Interact with residents, families, and visitors in a warm, caring and courteous manner.
- Demonstrate respectful relationships and support open communication with supervisors, co-workers, and interdepartmental staff.
- Participate in Clinical Quality Improvement activities as relevant to role.
- Prepare and maintain a record of observations and care given. Documents information clearly and completely utilizing correct forms in a timely manner. Observes and reports pertinent information related to resident care to the Charge Nurse or Nursing Supervisor.
- Participate in and receive report daily at the start of a shift. Plan and organize work assignment; prioritize the specific needs of residents.
- Review and follow the nursing report and the resident care plan throughout the shift while providing individualized care.
- Attends required educational programs and unit staff meetings.
- Documents necessary information reflecting resident care on correct forms and/or in PointClick Care.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- CNA Certification
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Range: $15.00 - $18.00/hour
Selected candidates will need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.