Night Auditor - Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport
The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for a Night Auditor. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work overnight, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Hilton brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for Four Hotels within Kelowna.
The Night Auditor is a key member of the Front Office Team; reporting to the Night Manager, the Night Auditor is responsible for the overnight operations of the hotel, from 11pm to 7am and will verify the accuracy of guest accounts, balancing charges and revenues, as well as assisting with all aspects of guest services.
- You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues
- Process all guest check-ins & check-outs by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key
- Enter rewards information and enroll new members
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit
- Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations, prepare “walk letters”
- Contact appropriate individual or department as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem
- Review shift logs/daily pass on and document pertinent information in the daily pass on
- Count till at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Process and confirm wake-up calls
- Proficient understanding of all emergency procedures
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lbse
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, brand standards, online training and procedures
- Operate hotel shuttle in a safe manner in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class 5 driver’s license an asset
- First Aid certification an asset
- Previous hotel and accounting experience an asset
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with: guests, team members, and management
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit and cash handling policies and procedures
- Able to properly secure guest information
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent grooming standards
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.