Do you want to join a growing company with a proven track record for success and growth? Wenner Bakery is part of Europastry, a family business founded in Barcelona in 1987 by Pere Galles with locations worldwide! The bakery business is our passion and this is your opportunity to be a member of our team.
We are searching for a motivated & experienced Industrial Mechanic to join our team!
This position is responsible for performing major and minor maintenance and repairs throughout the facility including fabrication of minor parts. Responsible for equipment troubleshooting and the retrofit of equipment with controls needed to improve the efficiency and performance of devices to maximize up time.
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on various machines; following diagrams, machine manuals, manufactures instructions. This includes preventive maintenance on forklifts, batteries, loading docks, and doors.
· Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, straight edges, and other tools necessary.
· Troubleshoots malfunctions by locating sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems; and planning the repairs for issues that occur.
· Performs minor and major repairs while learning how to determine the diagnostics for the repair. Generates paperwork for parts and work orders for service including tracking of the forklifts.
· Basic understanding of AC & DC Voltages, 24-480V. Assists with replacing electrical components as needed such as 3 phase motors, VFD’s, sensors, motor starters, power supplies and positions sensing devices.
· Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, hand and power tools; examining devices for repair and/or replacement.
· Through use of CMMS, completes scheduled and emergency Work Orders to maintain optimum manufacturing line efficiencies. Records data into MP2 as required.
· Performs plumbing and welding as needed including part fabrication.
· Basic understanding and monitoring of basic refrigeration work.
· Informs supervisors and others in the management team regarding potential hazards and recommending corrective solutions.
· Performs all work in accordance to OHSA standards for general industry.
· Keeps abreast of new technology, devices and manufacturing processes.
· Follows blue prints, installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment or conveyors as well as troubleshoots and performs safety control testing.
· Attends company scheduled meetings as required (e.g., safety meetings, production meetings, department meetings).
· Responsible for addressing all mechanical issues during shift.
· Timely informs supervision of any problems or complications that may arise.
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
· Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
· Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments. Must follow all Company Safety policies, as well as all GMP regulations and all lock-out/tag-out requirements according to OSHA requirements.
· As an employee at Wenner Bakery, you must also be aware of issues associated with food safety and safe food handling practices that are relevant to your job. Formal training is not required, but in house Food Safety Training conducted by a qualified staff member is mandatory. You must know how to recognize, prevent and alleviate food safety hazards. This position requires good working knowledge of the SQF code.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to measure size and dimension by means of calipers and to interpret bar graphs.
· Proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel and Power Point, G-Mail and MP2.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Must be able to operate industrial forklifts, equipment or tools.
· Flexible to work overtime including weekends as needed.
· 3-5 years of related experience as an electronics mechanic.
· 2-years of technical or trade school in mechanical/electrical technology or equivalent experience.
· Basic knowledge of Industrial controls.
· Basic understanding of refrigeration.
· Knowledge of electrical tools and machines used in setting.
· Knowledge of hydraulics, welding, machinist, boiling (understanding of high pressure).
· Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Please apply on our website for consideration
WENNER BAKERY / EUROPASTRY USA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled