The Varioline Operator performs all tasks involved in the
packaging of products. This includes
machine operation, inspection, light maintenance and packing. This position will follow standard work methods
and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited
- Follow all company safety policies and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Perform various sanitation and clean up duties
in and around the Varioline
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and
conformity of packaged products to standards and separate any rejected beer
cases according to SOPs
- Troubleshoot and diagnose machinery during
operation when malfunctions occur
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut
down of operating equipment
- Responsible for completing operator reports used
for tracking production
- Rotate through different job tasks including
hand packing and rework when necessary
- Responsible for executing all required HACCP
processes and documentation
- Participate in continuous improvement
initiatives in order to increase performance
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts, typical
work week around 45 hours with overtime as needed
Supervision of Others
This position does not require
any management responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety
policies and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when
there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation and knowledge of beer,
including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled