Daybrook Fisheries would like you to join our team!
Who We Are
Daybrook processes Gulf Menhaden
into fishmeal and fish oil products. Fishmeal is a high protein feed
ingredient, and fish oil is used in aquaculture feeds and dietary supplements.
The Daybrook state-of-the-art facility located in Empire, South of New Orleans,
is well positioned in terms of its access to regional ports, east and west of
the Mississippi Delta.
The company’s operations
account for approximately 43% of the annual Gulf Menhaden industry catch.
Sustainability is at the core of Daybrook’s operations and supply chain model.
An integral part of this sustainable development approach is ensuring the
protection of Gulf Menhaden fishery to ensure this resource’s sustainability.
This commitment is
evident in our adherence to the industry endorsed Fisheries Management Plan,
which operates under the federal oversight of the National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration. Daybrook is also a member of the Menhaden Advisory
Committee to the Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, an initiative that
drives the conservation, development, and full utilization of the fishery
resources of the Gulf of Mexico.
As a sustainable fishery
with global market presence, innovation in product development and a diverse
management team with extensive experience in the fishing industry and related
agribusinesses, Daybrook has earned an exemplary reputation in the
Daybrook’s Empire, LA facility is seeking an experienced line cook to work our evening shift. This role caters to the overnight crewmembers by preparing meals from preset menu.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic food-handling skills,
- Food hygiene experience required
- Prepare and serve nutritious, quality meals according to the established time schedule.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work.
- Responsible for safe and sanitary operation of the kitchen to ensure the health and safety of employees.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
DAYBROOK FISHERIES, INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled