The Pantry is responsible for preparing the food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The Pantry role is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees, desserts.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Skills.
- Guest Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise. This position operates in an outdoor and indoor setting. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, use hands and fingers, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures. Frequent hand washing is required.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 2/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-75 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
- Working inside, outside in all types are inclemency and heat
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working in commercial kitchen.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
- Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.