Arena & Facility Operator (Graveyard)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
WHO WE ARE
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities). Examples of some of the business we own are, Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria, Prospera Place in Kelowna, Lee Berry Farms, Planet Ice, the Victoria Royals and many more! Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
One of our businesses, Planet Ice, a recreational facility equipped with a wide range of amenities and services including our hockey rinks and restaurants (Boomer’s Bar & Grill/Break Away Bar), is currently seeking an Arena & Facility Operator who will be working out of our Delta location. This role will be reporting to the Operations Manager and working graveyard shifts between 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM from 8-16 hours a week, or it can be a full-time maximum of 40 hours a week.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
Wage: $28.00 - $29.00hr + $2.50 (Shift Differential rate)
- Performs a variety of Janitorial Duties (Cleaning dressing rooms, washrooms, common areas) equipment operation and equipment maintenance duties
- Maintenance of ice surfaces including driving a Zamboni
- Perform all regular maintenance and preventative maintenance duties including but not limited to grounds work, snow removal, painting, plumbing, minor electrical work, carpentry, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Ice installations and removals
- Maintain a good working relationship with other staff, the public, and most importantly the facility users
- Able to exercise some independence in judgment and action in accordance with established practices and procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on various shifts as the arena operates 7 days a week, 24 hours per day
- Able to deal tactfully and firmly with groups and individuals to ensure observance of rules and regulations
- Prepare reports and organize records.
- High School diploma
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- WHMIS Training certificate
- Must have a certification of Ice Facility Operator (IFO), or Refrigeration Operator, or Class 4 Power Engineer
- Building service worker or janitorial experience
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work
- Optional : Knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in ice-making and refrigeration operation
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position