· Attend the department meeting prior to gates opening to the public to discuss important details in the amusements area such as new games and new policies and procedures.
· Report to your assigned area immediately following the game day meeting to inspect your area for safety hazards, proper set-up and cleaning that may need performed.
· Greet any fan that enters your area with a smile and welcome them to your area.
· Creatively involve fans in the game or inflatable by creating competition between fans or a good natured challenge.
· Collect tokens before allowing fans to play in or at your station.
· Count children entering inflatable’s to ensure the number of children playing in your inflatable does not exceed the maximum allowed.
· Track the time that children are playing in the inflatable and never allow children to exceed the time limit.
· Constantly inspect your game for safety hazards and contact your supervisor with any issues.
· On nights you are assigned to selling tokens, count beginning cash to verify starting bank. Sell tokens to customers at specified rates. At end of night, assist Director of Community Relations with token counts for each game/inflatable.
· Stay aware of any issues of fighting or excessive drinking among fans and alert the supervisor or nearest Pelicans front office employee with radio communication.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of this position. This position requires employees to have good vision, frequently use hands, talk, hear and stand for long periods of time in extreme hot or cold weather and other inclement conditions. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds.