Business Unit / Segment Controller – US
Hydrofarm is a leading distributor and manufacturer of hydroponics equipment and supplies for controlled environment agriculture, including high intensity grow lights, climate control solutions, and growing media, as well as a broad portfolio of innovative and proprietary branded products.
For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market. Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects.
We believe that people matter most - because it is our people who drive our business, engage with our customers and continue transforming our company.
We are currently looking for Business Unit / Segment Controller -US
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION REQUIREMENTS:
This position will be directly responsible for the following Business Unit (“BU”) or Segment functions:
· Lead role in managing the BU or Segment Accounting and Close functions for the company
· Lead role in the preparation and review of monthly Financial Statements, as well as Quarterly and Annual footnote preparation, to include all components of the Financial Statements (BS, IS, SOCF, SOCI, SOSE) and to ensure completeness and accuracy of results in accordance with GAAP and compliance with internal accounting policies
· Lead role in managing the accounting team in the month-end close process including but not limited to analyses, variance reports, reconciliations, and journal entry review & approval; manage the preparation of financial results reporting in a timely manner
· Support the Corporate Controller’s Organization (“CCO”) in leading the accounting team in support and adherence to the internal control framework (SOX) and Company Policies
· Support the CCO in preparation of periodic reporting needs, flux analyses and/or audit requests
· Build strong processes and knowledge within the accounting team and lead by example, motivate and mentor team members
· Key role in the identification of inefficiencies and implementation of process improvements
· Assist with coordination of the annual audit and preparation of annual or periodic tax documents
· Participates in ongoing business planning and analyses as well as the annual budget and forecast process to include costing models for the manufacturing operations
· Liaise cross-functionally with other operational departments outside of accounting to address needs for new programs/initiatives as well as to streamline existing processes while maintaining adherence to GAAP and disclosure requirements
· Assist with the integration of newly acquired companies into Hydrofarm’s BU or Segment accounting environment and support related financial needs
· Assist in the preparation of reports required by regulatory agencies
· Provide support and training to direct reports and across platforms as needed
· Assists with special projects as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
· CPA required (Active license) and Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or Business with Accounting major) required,
· Public company experience required
· 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
· Direct experience as a Controller of a BU or Segment with demonstrable results
· Experience with intercompany eliminations and foreign currency matters
· Experience with distribution/manufacturing company highly preferred
· Prior experience understanding US GAAP principles/guidance and SEC rules
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Demonstrated experience working with ERP systems
o Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus
· Ability to problem solve and take initiative, highly motivated
· Demonstrated performance in dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple priorities
· Attention to details and accuracy, high intellectual curiosity
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work independently and sustain a high level of performance
Perferred experience or skills
· Big 4 experience preferred
· Advanced degrees a plus
We Take Care of our Team:
Hydrofarm offers a very competitive compensation and a suite of Employee Benefits -
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Paid Time Off, 401k with Employer matching funds
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Ability to work remotely for extended periods and remain highly productive and timely communicative
o The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
More information? Check us out - https://investors.hydrofarm.com/ If you are aligned with our mission and beliefs, let's connect.
Hydrofarm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin , ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position