Position Title: Summer Staff Camp: Pines/Springs/Summit
Reports To: Site Leads Status: Seasonal - Summer
Position Summary: Summer Staff assist with the day-to-day operations of camp during Summer programs, creating a space where pastors and leaders can connect with students in a distraction-free environment.
This position carries out the mission of the camp and advances the vision of UCYC, to make more and better disciples of Jesus.
- Ensure buildings and grounds are properly cleaned before and after each guest.
- Assist with the set-up of camp prior to guest arrival.
- Address guest needs in a timely manner
- Run recreation elements in accordance with UCYC safety protocols
- Assist with the execution of sessions: Assist as a stagehand, Assist with production
- Run field games for guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Support vision and direction of UCYC
- Uphold UCYC Core Values: Hungry, Humble, Smart
- Ensure that UCYC's standard of service is being met for all guests
- Align with the vision and values of UCYC, and commit to doing camp no harm
- Grow in your personal relationship with Christ
- Adhere to and encompass the qualities and characteristics required of UCYC employees, and defined by the Summer Staff Handbook
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and be adaptable
- Careful attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Manage time and prioritize duties effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to make tough decisions and a willingness to engage in healthy conflict amongst the team
- A teachable spirit and a desire to learn and grow
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to interact with guests and staff in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., walk long distances, and be able to be on your feet for extended periods of time
What you can expect from UCYC:
- Two weeks of intentional and intensive training designed to build a community amongst summer staffers and create confidence in your work. You may also have the opportunity to receive CPR/First Aid Certification at no cost to you.
- Summertime Room and Board in close-knit homes where you'll create lifelong friendships
- Further career opportunities! You'll have the chance to apply for the Heroic Journey University- an innovative one-year program which will allow you to live and work on camp while developing your sense of self, strengthening your calling, and building your resume.
- The opportunity to grow your leadership capacity as you participate in setting the cultural tone for UCYC camps and events.
- You'll meet a variety of influential ministry leaders who will offer personal pastoral care and provide pathways to your vocational ministry goals.