There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
This position isThis position will provide the highest quality of service to our guests. responsible for providing the highest quality of service to all of our members and guests, specifically during events and special services. Servers must take orders and deliver food as well as have a working knowledge of the menu to answer all questions guests may have.
· Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the event.
· Respond to guest requests in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner.
· Be in communication with the Event Manager and/or Banquet Captain regarding any special needs, problems or concerns.
· Review and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) at the beginning of each shift to ensure event areas are set as per the client’s request.
· Read and execute specifications listed on the Banquet Event Orders.
· Attend all pre-shift meetings to ensure events flow smoothly.
· Prepare tables, action stations, bars, buffets, service carts, dessert table/carts, etc.
· Make required adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
· Greet all members and guests warmly with an appropriate greeting.
· Maintain proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses, etc. as needed.
· Deliver and serve welcome drinks, food, meals, condiments and accompaniments etc.
· Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
· Provide alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage service as needed, including knowledge of proper table side wine service standards. Must have or obtain TIPS certification (Moonlight will provide).
· Remove china, glassware, silverware, etc. from tables at the conclusion of the meal period and deliver to the stewarding area.
· Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the event space and perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed.
· Assist others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, rolling/polishing silverware, etc.
· Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
- Must have two years Food & Beverage experience, preferably with 6 months experience in a high-end resort/hospitality or event/catering environment.
- Be able to communicate clearly and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Basic knowledge of food presentation, preparation and handling.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must comply with Moonlight Basin's Dress and Grooming policies.
Hours of Work
- Must be available to work all shifts, specifically nights, weekends and holidays.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently from area to area.
· Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to carry and balance dishware and glassware in the course of service.
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.