Senior Field / Laboratory Technician
In 2023, we changed our name from Anderson Engineering, Inc. to OWN, Inc. to be more reflective of our team and the mindset that makes us go. While the name may be new, the links to the past have led us to what we are today: a community of talented employee-owners driven by mutual success.
OWN, Inc. is an engineering firm that believes in the power of employee-ownership. Our talented team builds futures while helping shape the built environment across the country from our offices in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, and Florida. We serve the Private Development and Public Infrastructure markets with core offerings of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and Field Services. No matter the project or scope, our clients enjoy problem-solving and service that goes beyond the expected.
We are looking for a Senior Field / Laboratory Technician to join our Rogers, AR team.
What you will get to do:
Field inspection of construction projects
You will be a good fit if:
Enjoy working outdoors
Self-motivated individual and customer service oriented
Ability to work effectively as an individual as well as in a team environment
Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications
Willing to learn the skills necessary for the position
Valid, clean driver’s license
Can pass drug screen and physical
At least 3 years previous experience as materials testing technician
Basic computer knowledge required
Department of Transportation density gage certificate, this is not required but preferred
Familiar with OSHA and safety requirements
ACI Field Level 1 Concrete certification, this is not required but preferred
Geotechnical experience, this is a plus but not required
Able to lifting- up to 80 pounds at waist and up to 50 pounds to shoulders
Able to Climb and bend in tight spots
Understand that we work at outdoor and indoor sites in all weather conditions
When you join us, you can find your own way through…
1. Community. Giving of time, treasures, and talents to fulfill personal passions and show up in your community.
2. Empowerment. Our employees are given full reign and the trust to make decisions in the best interest of their clients and teams.
3. Flexibility. The freedom to be a professional. The freedom to be a person.
4. ESOP. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is owned 100% by employees – equitably, a fact most employee-owned firms can’t claim.
5. Having fun. Laughing, jokes, high fives, celebrations – we take our work seriously but not ourselves.
6. Teamwork. A sense of belonging, learning from those around you, and feeling like you’re on the winning team.
It is the policy of OWN, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program.