G Class Driver / Loader
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Our Region of Waterloo team is currently seeking a G Class Driver / Loader. This employee will work as a G class driver one week, and a garbage truck loader the other week.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive day rate
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Local runs, home every night
- Nights and weekends off
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- Employee discount programs
- Free uniforms and boot allowance yearly
- $1000 Driver referral program
- Drive and load a van truck to collect White Goods from residential customers (refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc.);
- Load residential waste/recycling into the refuse truck;
- Repetitive tasks including heavy lifting (50lbs);
- Observe safe work practices;
- Provide excellent customer service in accordance with company policies;
- Ensure assigned routes are successfully completed in a timely and safe manner;
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections and complete Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Valid Ontario G driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract;
- Minimum 1 years commercial driving experience with a G licence;
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Able to successfully pass a background check consisting of an MTO medical/drug test, criminal history search, license verification and employment confirmation;
- Punctual, reliable, team player.
Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If
so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who
are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair,
and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require
reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department.
Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position