A Quality Apartment Community. Candidate must be polished and professional.
Scope and Purpose
The Assistant Maintenance is responsible for supporting the Lead Maintenance in whatever area his skills allow and are needed. This individual is primarily responsible for providing prompt and courteous handling of all resident service requests.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Participate in all maintenance projects.
2. Perform light electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
3. Perform light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
4. Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, and locks.
5. Paint interior and exterior.
6. Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing floors.
7. Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc.
8. Assist in groundwork when necessary.
9. Repair concrete, masonry roof, fencing, when required.
10. Perform, limited extermination services, when required.
11. Train subordinate employees.
12. Participate in a standby emergency schedule for the evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
13. Be responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance materials
14. Schedules subordinate maintenance personnel and work order requests, adhering to maintenance priorities.
15. Assist the manager in scheduling quarterly apartment inspections.
16. Be responsible for the refurbishing of apartments prior to resident occupancy.
17. Keep accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, inspections, inventories, purchase orders.
18. Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers’ recommendations and operating manuals.
19. Periodically inspect all units, buildings, and common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed.
20. Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cutoffs, all apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean-outs and post map of same.
21. Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting in those areas is maintained.
22. Have constant knowledge regarding contracts and suppliers, their services and goods.
23. Assist in apartment check-in and checkout inspections.