Baltimore based organization seeking a bookkeeper for support to a hardworking Finance Staff. This is a full time, 40-hours per week, exempt position. The bookkeeper will process and maintain the accounts payable records of the organization, including but not limited to: invoices, reviewing all invoices and documentation for all project and client requests, importing all invoices from Microix to MIP for payment, printing checks and inputting EFT payments in the banking system. The primary responsibility of this role will be to process a large and growing volume of A/P invoices, maintain all records/files for A/P, along with serving as the backup to the other finance staff. This role collaborates with the Finance Team, Account Executives, and Senior Directors to make sound decisions and plans for the fiscal health of the organization.
- Process accounts payable, including reconciling payment requests and issuing checks.
- Act as requestor in Microix for internal invoices that arrive at headquarters as well as recurring monthly expenses.
- Serve as the first line of review for project and client payment requests in Microix; ensure proper coding, backup, and descriptions are present.
- Manage vendors, including collecting W-9s on an ongoing basis, setting up new vendors in MIP, making address changes and issuing annual 1099s.
- Collect accrual information, review and prepare monthly accrual reversing journal entry.
- Maintain vendor files; file completed payment requests with all backup and check stubs weekly, prepare and file EFT approved documentation weekly.
- Maintain records of all voided checks and invoices.
- Scan finance documents for electronic filing such as attachments to Microix requests.
- Act as a resource for staff and business clients.
- Research and correct A/P discrepancies.
- Assist with annual fiscal audit preparation and execution.
- Other duties as requested by Budget Manager, Accounting Manager, DFO, COO, Directors and the CEO.
Strong City Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Strong City Baltimore Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled