The Gem City Market
Cooperative, Dayton’s first multi-stakeholder community and employee-owned full-service
grocery store will have our grand opening this month! We’re looking for dedicated, community-oriented
servant leaders to grow with us to achieve our mission: Our
mission is to serve, engage, and empower our neighborhoods by providing
affordable, high quality food in a clean and welcoming environment that is
worker and community owned.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Safety and Facilities Supervisor will:
- To protect and monitor company assets, alarms, property, employees, and visitors
- Hire, train and supervise the staff within the safety and facilities department, while facilitating opportunities for safety, security and facility practices within the Market
- Complete various walk throughs of the facilities daily to ensure there are no workplace hazards, as hazards are present escalate them through the respective manager, and follow up timely to ensure hazards have been removed or corrected
- Ensure the grounds and interior are well kept while arranging repairs and maintenance as needed
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment to all guests
- Be attentive and responsive to the needs and concerns of members, customers, suppliers, staff, and community, and will communicate these as appropriate in order to positively address them in accordance with Gem City Market’s mission statement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Facilities management, security, loss prevention, law enforcement or military experience required
- Organized with an attention to detail
Sound judgement and the ability to think quickly during emergencies
Minor maintenance experience strongly preferred
Employee and payroll management or supervisory experience preferred
Ability to model desirable servant leadership skills and professional conduct
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines
- The willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays
At the Gem City Market Cooperative we celebrate, respect and thrive on the differences and diversity of all people in solidarity with our community, employees and in everything we do. The Gem City Market Cooperative is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, welcoming all to apply.
If you need assistance or an accommodation with the application, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 701-7432.
Rate of pay is based on experience. Great benefits including health, dental and vision will be offered to full time employees. Come be a part of a dynamic team that supports the community through access to food, employment and a great customer experience. Grow your skills and explore a career with us. Apply today!
Gem City Market Cooperative is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled