Cajun Ready Mix Concrete is the largest operating ready-mix concrete company in the Greater Baton Rouge Region with over 60 rear-discharge mixer trucks and 9 state certified batch plants.
We currently have an immediate opening for an experienced Concrete Quality Control Technician to join our growing team. This position requires a detail oriented, customer service minded individual who can thrive in a fast paced environment.
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the highest level of quality control in the production of our ready mix products at our plants and customer job sites under the direction of the Quality Control Manager.
- Ensures finished product of ready mix concrete is of highest quality, meeting all customer specific requirements
- Monitors full production process including but not limited to quality of raw materials and mix design.
- Conducts quality control testing on concrete and aggregate products.
- Mixes and performs tests in advance of jobs with provided specifications.
- Interacts with internal and external customers daily.
- Maintains all records and writes reports outlining results in the QC testing process.
- Maintains lab area and equipment according to industry standard.
- Follows company safety and environmental rules, regulations and policies
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Proven record of dependability.
- High level of attention to detail in monitoring, testing and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required; Associate's degree preferred.
- Punctuality, attendance, and dependability is essential in this role.
- Problem solving and rapid decision making abilities.
- Working computer knowledge; including applicable Microsoft software.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Current, valid driver's license.
- ACI Concrete Field Tech Level I certification required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a quality control position.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- General knowledge of concrete mixes, its components, additives, and raw materials preferred.
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions including area, volume, unit weight, and total weight computations.
- Ability to accurately understand, analyze, and interpret information.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to accept and follow direction as provided by managers and ask questions when needed.
- Able and willing to work varying shifts including early mornings, late afternoons, and weekends.
Employees at Cajun Ready Mix Concrete LLC enjoy competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance, 401(k) with company match, as well as paid time off and paid holidays.
Cajun Ready Mix Concrete LLC. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Job Type: Full-time