Company: Delkin Devices is a privately held company founded in 1986, with Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA and European Offices in Birmingham, England. We are consistently recognized as one of San Diego County’s leading manufacturing companies, with sales and distribution channels across the world. Delkin isn’t just another flash storage SSD provider. We are an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer exclusively focused on non-volatile storage solution requirements for application-specific embedded, industrial OEMs. Utilizing controlled configurations, life-cycle management, product customization, and outstanding USA-based design, manufacturing, and support team, Delkin delivers exactly the right products needed by OEMs for embedded and industrial applications.
Summary: Under general supervision, the JUNIOR BUYER/PLANNER will support the Senior Buyer/Planner with buying and planning of parts and accessories by maintaining sources of supply and monitoring supplier performance, obtaining required parts and accessories, verifying receipt of items, and monitoring inventory. The JUNIOR BUYER/PLANNER will also support in scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support quarterly production plans, and daily details as driven by master schedule, customer orders and factory capacity
- Initiate purchase orders and select the best source consistent with company relationships, cost, quality, and delivery requirements, assist with pricing agreements on critical commodities
- Follow-up with vendors to ensure on-time-delivery performance to the global customer base for assigned products and to support manufacturing
- Ensure inventory carry levels and inventory turns are in alignment with inventory strategies, assist with the development or inventory strategies, monitor inventory levels to support manufacturing plans and resolve inventory issues
- Work with Sales Operations to ensure supply chain and sales alignment of production volumes and customer service levels
- Assist with various periodic business and operational metrics and performance reporting leveraging internal and external data or business systems
- Participate in assessment, building and/or improving supply chain and manufacturing planning tools and systems as identified
- Participate in business system roll-outs, changes and project improvements
- Support production readiness and help resolve supply chain and manufacturing challenges to ensure delivery of standard and new product introductions
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Materials Management, Procurement, Operations Planning, Business Administration, or related field is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Five (5) years’ experience of related procurement experience including purchasing, planning, inventory control, and supplier relationships
- Manufacturing industry experience is required; high-volume experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Expertise or direct working knowledge of ERP / MRP systems applicable to planning, purchasing, and Production scheduling
- Knowledge of supply chain and demand planning
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience working with key business and operational metrics and drivers: product on-time delivery, schedule performance, product or manufacturing costs
- Efficient organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines to ensure the successful and timely completion of assignments and meeting performance measures
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to establish and maintain constructive and collaborative cross-functional relationships, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization to identify opportunities, and to develop and implement solutions
- Ability to understand and read bills of materials (BOMs)
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, with proficiency in MS Excel and other work-related software.
- Experience with purchasing scheduling in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Contract manufacturing experience beneficial
- Experience in a small company / high growth environments is preferred
- Experience working with Asian suppliers is a strong plus
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Principles is preferred
- Additional knowledge or experience with international logistics is a plus.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office environment, with some time spent on a factory/production floor
- Position will be regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit and stand, and to reach with hands and arms, must be able to walk up and downstairs, regular use of a computer keyboard is required, vision requirements will be mostly close for computer monitor use
- Some domestic and/or international travel may be required
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.