Job Title: Building Service Worker
Status: Regular, Full-time
Hours: 35 Hours a week
Schedule: Monday - Friday (possible work on Saturdays and evenings)
Start Date: ASAP
Date Posted: July 26, 2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please note that internal applicants must apply by August 01, 2022, internal applications received after this date will not be considered as internal and seniority will not apply – position will remain open until filled.
The Building Service Worker
(BSW) provides a variety of operational support for DIVERSEcity facilities and
other office functions. The BSW will perform manual maintenance work of limited
complexity and ensures a welcoming and safe space for staff and visitors.
- Maintain order and appearance of DIVERSEcity facilities
- Responds to emergency maintenance calls
- Responds to facility requests and complaints forwarded by the Facilities Coordinator
- Works with the Facilities Coordinator on the onsite vendor visits for quotes and repairs
- Provides building access to vendors, tenants, and other authorization personnel
- Works with the Facilities Coordinator to create and maintain scheduled inventories and inspections on facility and office equipment and supplies (e.g. janitorial supplies, furniture)
- Works with Facilities Coordinator on the upkeep and maintenance of work service request logs and databases
- Performs minor maintenance duties including electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry repairs such as snaking drains, changing fuses, resetting thermostats, wall hangings, moving furniture, and testing equipment.
- Reports insufficiencies or deviations in work contracted through vendors to the Facility Manager
- Supports coordination and actioning of office moves, renovations, and inspections with Facilities Manager
- Monitors and reports risk and safety concerns to Facilities Manager
- Supports the Facilities Department in Occupational Health and Safety initiative
- Work with the Facilities Coordinator in maintaining the overall inventory system within the Facilities Department
- Identifying maintenance problems and reporting work required
- Works with the Facilities Coordinator on daily checklists and logs in areas where necessary.
- Ensuring facilities is clean and safe for public and staff use.
Other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Minimum of three (3) years recent, related experience in a medium sized office (200+ staff) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Grade 12, plus completion of a certificate in a related skill fields and/or trades.
- Self-starter who is resourceful and detail oriented
- Experienced with office procedures, facilities operations, office equipment;
- Ability to handle sensitive issues in a professional and discreet manner and assess risk issues to management as they arise
- Pleasant telephone manner and business etiquette and ethical decision-making abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines;
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and use of personal vehicle is required;
- Able to lift 50 pounds and transport items in your own vehicle may be required;
- Building Service Worker certificate an asset;
- First Aid Certificate an asset; or willingness to obtain an OFA Level 2 certification;
- WHMIS Certificate an asset.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter as separate
attachments. Please note that only Word or PDF formats can be
accepted. As part of the application process, you will be prompted
to complete a short questionnaire. Please ensure all questions are
To view all opportunities at DIVERSEcity visit
This position is based in our Surrey office and is a blend of
remote and in-person services. DIVERSEcity has implemented new safety
procedures for in-office and in-person work, to view our safety plan, please
visit www.dcrs.ca/news/diversecity-covid-19-safety-plan/. Successful candidates
will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their
duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.
A comprehensive job description will be provided to all
candidates shortlisted for interviews.
DIVERSEcity is committed to employment equity and encourages
applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with
disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons with
disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the
application and hiring process may contact our HR department at (email@example.com).
Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society is a registered charity
devoted to helping newcomers. For 40 years we have focused on providing
specialized services newcomers to find employment, learn English, find housing,
deal with family challenges, work through mental health issues and access
medical care. DIVERSEcity is a client-centred organization committed to quality
and accountability. We value growth, respect, integrity and compassion.
To learn more about DIVERSEcity visit us at https://www.dcrs.ca/.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity;
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.