Assistant Production Manager
The Assistant Production Manager (APM) assists and supports the Director of Production in supervising all aspects of the performance and event venues at the Atlas Performing Arts Center. The APM provides support in the planning, advancement, execution, and close out of all events.
Production Staff and Overhire
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external clients to create top quality productions while upholding the highest standards in professionalism. Support the planning, advancement, execution, and close out of all events at the Atlas.
- Serve as a primary user of Ungerboeck, the event management system used by the Atlas Performing Arts Center, and connected software solutions, supporting particularly the planning, and advancement of each event to ensure a smooth and successful experience for the end users of the Atlas.
- Serve as Manager On Duty as necessary leading and actively managing start of day and/or nightly briefings in line with the MOD Checklist.
- Be an on-call contact when venues are in use. As necessary, support production teams and clients with hands-on project participation
- Support the Director of Production in the hiring, scheduling, and supervision of all part-time production personnel as required by internal and external clients.
- Manage and maintain the performance venues, their equipment, and support shops regarding all repairs, upgrades, and replacements.
- Participate in the creation and management of department budgets
- Attend weekly production department meetings, cross-departmental meetings as necessary, and ad-hoc meetings as required.
- Support fellow team members in their duties as necessary to ensure a seamless and professional experience for both internal and external clients
- Support a safe and healthy workplace.
- Perform the duties of the Stagehand as scheduled
- Supervise part-time Production Staff during stage operations work calls
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Superior people skills in a customer service environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite with knowledge of industry-specific software such as Ungerboeck, CAD programs, Lightwright, Qlab or Isadora, etc
- Organized with attention to detail
- Excellent financial, administrative, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a team
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to multi-task under time constraints and effectively lead staff
- Ability to operate in a flexible manner and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively, addressing theatrical lighting, audio, and scenic issues as they arise.
- Individual must be trustworthy and dependable.
- Ability to acquire and maintain DC ABRA license.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum two years of experience in a theatrical environment as a lead crew member, stage manager, or member of a Production Management team.
- Experience reading architectural and theatrical design drawings is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person, on the telephone, and electronically. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel in order to operate computer keyboard, office equipment, and other essential tasks.[DB1] The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms. This position infrequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds and may walk as much as 1 to 2 miles using stairs. Prolonged periods in fast paced, dynamic environments. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays with frequent work 5 to 6 days per week.
Office environment - primarily seated, using computer, phone and other routine office equipment.
Health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, holiday, personal days and sick leave, Costco membership, retirement.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Atlas Performing Arts Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.