POSITION SUMMARY: The Bartender position will take drink orders, mix and serve them to our guests and restaurant servers. Bartenders will maintain and enhance the quality of our customer service and are also responsible for verifying identification and age of patrons. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues and follow established health and safety standards. The goal is to accelerate business development by providing customers with a memorable experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Mix and prepare alcoholic beverages with special attention to sanitation and order
- Attend to customers
- Present bar/restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
- Take/serve orders and answer questions or make recommendations for other products
- Collaborate with other bartenders and kitchen/wait staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Proven bartending experience
- Customer-oriented approach and patience
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Hands on experience in cashier duties and money handling
- Excellent people skills
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Minimum of 6 months in bar-related positions preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in customer service preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma: food safety training will be considered a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Nightclub, bar, and/ or lounge environment
- Involves some public contact
- Fast paced, high volume, high energy
- Hours may be part-time (less than 30 hours per week)
- Schedule could exceed 30 hours per week and may include overtime when approved by management.
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
TC Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.