Vincentian Marian Manor is looking for an RN Supervisor to join our Nurse Admin team! We are looking for someone who is innovative and creative thinking, who has ideas to improve our Resident and Employee Experiences!
The Nursing Supervisor is delegated the administrative authority,
responsibility and accountability for the daily operations, leadership and management
of the resident care units to which he/she is assigned. This includes ensuring that unit residents
receive quality care and services that are based on timely, comprehensive,
accurate assessments of needs and strengths.
The Nursing Supervisor will promote an atmosphere of collaboration among
disciplines, team work among unit staff and cooperation among resident care
units. The Nursing Supervisor will be
held accountable for compliance, risk management, and position control for the
assigned units. The Nursing Supervisor
is expected to be organized, capable of managing multiple priorities and
managing staff to produce effective and efficient resident care services with
quality and compassion in meeting the mission of the facility, current federal
and state regulations and professionally accepted standards of care.
1. Participates in the development of Nursing Service’s
standards. Communicates and interprets
standards to personnel.
2 .Adjusts schedules and assignments to staff to meet
resident care needs.
3. Makes regular nursing unit rounds to review work in
progress, evaluates resident care and handles routine nursing matters necessary
to facility operations.
4. Participates with nursing management staff in
fostering a work environment conducive to productive performance, personal
development and job satisfaction.
Encourages open communications and is sensitive to personal problems of
staff which impact upon work performance.
Initiates corrective action process with personnel when necessary.
5. Investigates the more sensitive and complex resident
care problems and assists staff in the analysis and resolution of such
problems. Investigates and resolves
complaints from residents, family members and physicians through direct
action/intervention or referral to appropriate supervisory/managerial
7. Coordinates activities and assigns personnel to
appropriate areas during emergencies; ensures notification of administrative
and managerial personnel.
8. Ensures availability of all equipment, supplies and
records necessary for effective operations during assigned shifts.
9. Admits authorized personnel to secured areas when
10. Ensures the accurate documentation of all
incidents/occurrences during shift.
Communications with appropriate persons concerning unusual events.
11. Ensures the maintenance of a safe environment in
accordance with Nursing Services standards, facility policy and safety
12. Pursues self-development by remaining current with
advances in professional nursing and management; incorporates such advances
13. Provides Quality Care/Services measured by consistent
achievement of professional standards and the satisfaction of customer
14. Performs job functions in a manner that promotes
efficient use of resources.
15. Performs all other duties assigned by Director of
1. Current licensure to practice professional nursing in
Pennsylvania is required.
2. One year of nursing experience
3. One year of management experience with an in-depth
knowledge of nursing principals, a thorough understanding of long term care
regulations, Medicare/Medical Assistance, and developed managerial and
supervisory skills preferred.