Department: Club Operations Supervisor: Director Program Services
Full time – Exempt
Days/Hours: Typically 9a-5p M-F (Wknds & Evenings for special events)
The Manager Program Services- Academic
Success/Workforce Readiness, will support, promote, and enhance the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the BGCGH. Ensure high quality programming by creating systems and plans for clubs. Plan, evaluate, and oversee the implementation of priority Club programming. Responsible for outcomes management of a number of specific priority Club programs with a primary concern for ensuring impact and success. Position is partially compensated by grant assignment above.
• Assist in prioritizing programs for focus and implementation at all or specific Clubs.
• Manage program objectives and ensure each is consistent with organizational logic model, goals, and mission.
• Assist in developing meaningful measurements and targeted outcomes that provide opportunities for member achievement.
• Assist in creating and sustaining strategic relationships to further high quality program development.
• Manage performance of assigned staff if applicable. Provide direction, support and guidance on an ongoing basis to ensure high quality programming.
Program Management and Implementation
• Manage organizational program goals; ensuring that Club staff understand and can also effectively communicate standards of the programs.
• Assist and lead on new program development (may include philanthropic or government-funded programs.
• Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities at the organizational level working with Club Directors and program staff as needed.
• Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in the program areas/activities and develop methods for gathering constructive feedback to improve skills in program areas.
• Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis.
• Educate and manage the Continuous Quality Improvement process for club staff.
• Manage systematic processes to monitor and assess programs on a regular basis.
• Identify and support training and development opportunities for staff and volunteers.
• Work with the internal (staff) program committee to enhance programs at all Clubs
• Support the concepts and cultivation of grant funding to support the program.
• Manage relationships with appropriate contacts and recommend and deploy actions, strategies, and initiatives to maximize the return on government grants
• Write and craft responses, reports, materials, and grant information as needed and assigned.
• Other grant management duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Assist in managing programs and activity expenditures within approved budgets.
• Assist in managing proper record keeping and reporting of priority programs..
• Assist with collaborations with schools and other organizations to enhance the implementation of priority programs.
• Lead and establish key collaborative relationships in the community.
• Represent BGCGH on assigned committees and boards.
Internal: Communicate with Club staff, administrative staff and Leadership Team.
External: Communicate with Club members, parents, schools, community groups, donors, vendors and general public.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in education, social services or related field required or 5 years equivalent experience. (MA preferred).
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in a non-profit agency operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
• Communicate and work effectively with diverse groups (culture, socio-economic) and individuals..
• Knowledge of good business practices and administration.
• Ability to work flexible hours which may include holidays, weekends, etc.
• Demonstrated the ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment & retention of key personnel; facilities management, safety & security; and budget management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
• Any and all reasonable duties assigned by supervisor.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston is an EEO Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled