Why - Up to Par Management
Up To Par Management are a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner’s and associates to excel and advance with the company. Through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution, Up to Par develop and delivers innovative solutions for its customers while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.
Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Heritage Hunt offers a unique guests and associates experience that combines a nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual for the position of Professional Greenskeeper at Heritage Hunt Golf & Country Club in Gainesville, VA.
Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services and community relationships.
Our playful, yet professional attitude is what we live by.
Grounds / Landscape
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Up to Par Management is seeking (4) Greenskeepers to perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance.
This position is responsible for providing landscaping and golf services in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner to ensure a positive golf experience for all guest/members.
- Routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance
- Performs semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance
- Performs any other related duties as directed by the Golf Course Superintendent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school degree or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license - preferred
- Previous Golf Course groundwork - preferred
- Available for weekend and holiday work, if needed
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow staff members
- Ensures that the equipment is in proper working order at all times
- Demonstrates knowledge and safety while using equipment and products
- Perform work involving the use of large equipment involved in golf course maintenance
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
About the Company
Up to Par Management/Taylor Hospitality is a leading hospitality and club management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par / Taylor Hospitality is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.