ALL positions at Strikes Unlimited require “Best-in-Class” hospitality
for our guests by making them feel welcome and engaging with them, as well as working
with fellow team members to exceed the expectations of our guests. To be part of our team that provides
excellence in customer service, the following is a summary of what is also
required of this position as a Food and Beverage staff member.
Summary of Position
The restaurant Expeditor/Runner ensures quality and proper
presentation of food in a timely manner and that food orders are prepared and
assembled quickly according to recipes and presentation standards. The
Expo/Runner also maintains the line so that it always stocked, neat, clean,
safe, and runs food for servers or events as needed. The Expo/Runner will
uphold the standards of guest relations with friendliness and cleanliness.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not
limited to the following, and any other duties that may be needed or assigned.
to work in uniform as scheduled, ready to work.
a professional appearance and exhibit a positive attitude at all times.
- Read tickets and monitor all food items follow standard
recipes and procedures.
- Review tickets for accuracy and verify orders with servers
- Ensure that ticket times are within our standard time limit
- Call out food orders to cooks.
- Monitor plate presentations and examine portioning and
garnishing of completed food orders.
- Coordinate flow of food orders by following tickets correctly
according to time received.
- Ensure that proper condiments are served with each item.
- Notify serve staff when orders are ready.
- Prepare “To-Go” orders.
- Assist servers in delivering food as needed.
- Clean tables as needed (remove soiled dishes, wipes table
tops and chairs, etc.).
dishes and maintain dish pit area when dishwasher is not on duty
- Maintain departmental hygiene habits.
- Kitchen maintenance, including emptying trash, washing
dishes and utensils, cleaning, etc.
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization and
proper food handling. Follow checklists and standard operation procedures.
- Keep Food Handler’s certification up-to-date.
- Assist with cleaning, sanitation, and organization of
kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Basic mathematics skills; oral and
written communication skills; ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Possesses food safety knowledge.
- Knowledge of kitchen practices and
- Able to work in a fast-paced
environment with constant changes.
- Able to work independently and/or as
part of a team.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Physical Job Requirements/Other Skills and Abilities
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous
physical exertion may be required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and lifting; some of which may be heavy
- Requires ability to stand, talk, hear, taste, and smell.
- Requires regular lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires working in an area where high levels of noise can
- Will work in conditions in which at times you may be subject
to walking on oiled and slick surfaces.
Education and/or Experience
- High School education preferred; limited
- Minimum one (1) year experience as an Expeditor/Runner in a preferably high-volume kitchen.
- Current and valid Food Handlers Card.
- Applicant must possess a current working home or cell phone