Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC) is the federally mandated antipoverty agency for Central Massachusetts. Our mission is "helping people move to economic self-sufficiency through programs, partnerships, and advocacy." WCAC offers a variety of education, employment and social service programs.
WCAC's Job & Education Center (JEC) is seeking a part time (30 hours) Case Manager for our Safe and Successful Youth Initiative (SSYI). The Case Manager will be responsible for managing a caseload of approximately 15-25 young women; providing comprehensive case management, connecting them to community resources, building trust and relationships, reducing attachment to gangs and gang activities, instances of youth violence, criminal activity and juvenile arrests.
This position requires interaction with the JEC team, Agency partners, and clients of WCAC. The Case Manager must be able to interact with professionalism and exhibit excellent customer service skills in person, through written communication, and on social media platforms.
- High School Diploma or HiSET, Bachelor’s degree preferred; related experience considered.
- Knowledge and understanding of gang culture in Worcester and how national trends influence local activity.
- Understand unique needs of youth, ages 17 – 24.
- Demonstrated skills in case management and/or coaching required.
- Experience working with the at-risk youth required.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff and clients from diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds required.
- Familiarity with Worcester resources preferred.
- Attention to detail is essential. This position requires managing and documenting case notes, and entering into database.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a busy environment with a lot of time traveling throughout the community.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual ability preferred.
Special Certification or Documentation:
- ·Ability to successfully complete a CORI/SORI review.
- Evening hours may be required to meet the needs of the program.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required. This position requires daily travel throughout the city. WCAC offers mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with program partners.
- Establish and maintain a positive mentoring relationship with youth.
- Work with JEC Team to ensure youth have appropriate wrap-around supports as needed. Make referrals for services as needed.
- Maintain detailed client files of youth to meet funder compliance requirements. Maintain strict confidentiality of clients.
- Maintain detailed client database.
- Meet with JEC Team every two weeks, and program partners monthly. Attend Worcester youth resource and employment related meetings, as appropriate. Weekly CM meeting, outreach meetings and/or professional development trainings as scheduled.
Send cover letter and resume specifying position via email to email@example.com or to the Human Resource Department, Worcester Community Action Council, 484 Main St, #200, Worcester, MA 01608. Deadline to apply is April 16, 2021.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.