ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
When you work at ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
Do you love a fast-paced environment? Are you someone who excels at taking initiative? Do you have the ability to handle a variety of tasks - and even the occasional unexpected challenge with a smile? If so, you might be ECO Canada’s new Administrative Assistant Summer Student.
As a key member of the Employment Programs and HR team, your role will be made up of responsibilities that help support and contribute to new and existing relationships and ultimately help participants further their career goals in the environmental industry.
While each member of ECO Canada has individual responsibilities, ECO takes a team-based approach. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of his/her ideas and to see them through to completion, collaborating with key influencers as required.
- Provide support to the Human Resources team in relation to various HR functions
- Assist with recruitment administration, monitor recruitment process, contact applicants, and coordinate various steps of the recruitment process
- Maintain and update HR documentation, databases, and files
- Assist in building engaging and informative training presentations and materials for staff
- Assist with various template creation and updates
- Research potential organizations/employer leads and potential new markets
- Pre-qualify organizations by researching online to determine fit for the wage funding programs
- Respond to general emails & filter/sort other emails that need to be addressed by Placement Coordinators;
- Review and file placement documents;
- Determine how ECO Canada’s wage funding programs can support existing and new clients alike and pitch relevant products, programs and/or services
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and work to establish a positive rapport with every contact
- Assist in business development opportunities, which may include external email and call campaigns
What you bring:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or Human Resources
- Computer skills and experience with MS Office, particularly with Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to connect with people in working in all areas of the environmental sector
- Great attitude and ability to maintain control while coordinating activities and balancing multiple priorities
- Exceptional time-management, organizational skills, and high attention to detail
- Strong telephone and email communications skills
- Desire to work in a results-focused environment
- Well-developed, independent work ethic along with ability to communicate with the team and external parties;
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal oversight
- Fluency in French will be considered an asset
This is a temporary 7-week contract position, funded by Canada Summer Jobs 2021. If you feel you are the perfect fit for this position and are looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.