Information Security Analyst
Doing business to business, person to person. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated as well as committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture where Doing Right by People is our purpose.
With clients of all sizes from coast to coast and more than 300 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Information Security team for the right candidate. Because when it comes to great people, there’s always room for one more.DOING RIGHT BY PEOPLE – IT’S WHAT WE DO
You are a motivated, energetic, driven for success and results-oriented team player. You will be responsible for using an analytical thought process and sound judgment in executing daily analyst activities. Leveraging industry leading security technologies, this role is the first line of defense against information security threats.
You will be responsible for identifying and immediately responding to such risks with a strong attention to detail and technical/investigative mindset. This will include the monitoring of Payworks IT infrastructure and associated alerts as well as responding to tickets and other requests from outside the Corporate Security Team.WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PAYWORKS
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits for you and your family and excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- Community-minded culture – Receive two paid days per year to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Time and flexibility to meet your needs – Hybrid work model with flexible work options, plus 3 weeks vacation to start, flex time and parental leave benefits.
- Cool perks – Annual wellness subsidy, Costco membership, fun office environment and events, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and more!
- Innovate solutions to design, deploy and administer intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, network devices, physical security sensors, and various security tools and controls in on premise and cloud environments.
- Maintain and monitor sensors and data sources to ensure all security events are being logged, monitored, correlated, and escalated to the appropriate parties.
- Conduct and utilize vulnerability scans, intrusion detection appliances, collation reports, failed logins, and various system activity tools to analyze security related events, develop solutions or escalate to other Payworks teams to define preventive activities.
- Respond to security related incident tickets and events, develop solutions to prevent occurrences and enforce security policies and procedures.
- Enhance and support existing incident response process and procedures, oversee and participate in regular table top exercises with both the security department and other business departments.
- Perform third party risk assessments including managing and maintaining the related tools and technology.
- Participate in projects as assigned to ensure security requirements are met and development is in accordance with current policies, standards, and guidelines.
- University Degree or College degree within the IT Security field and approximately 5 years of previous experience in a similar role considered a strong asset.
- Strong analysis skills, organizational, communication and documentation skills.
- Experience in using tools or languages such as powershell, regex, or others is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with tools and techniques related to preventing intrusions and system vulnerabilities.
- Experience being a member of an incident response team is considered an asset.
- Cloud infrastructure and/or security experience considered an asset.
- Experience with any of the following vendors, tools or products considered an asset: LogRhythm, TCP dump, Wireshark, Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, Cortex XDR, BitSight, OneTrust, Cisco, HP, McAfee, Nessus, Whitehat Sentital, Burpsuite, Rapid7 products, Proof Point, Netscaler Web Application Firewalls.
- Be open to working flexible hours, including after hours and weekends, as required.
We are proud to support a Flexible Work Plan that allows employees, in collaboration with their leader, to choose the work location that best suits their work and lifestyle. The Information Security Analyst reports into the Payworks office, however has the option to work remotely, in the office or on a hybrid work model.
Payworks is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. Payworks welcomes and encourages applications from all persons. Individuals applying for employment with Payworks may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position