Cooks (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021) - Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for part-time and full-time Cooks. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street! .
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites)
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands
- An excellent work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a great team!
Seasonal Culinary Positions are available in:
- Prep Cook
- Cooks 1-3
These are seasonal position with start dates April - May, 2021 and ending September - October, 2021. Start and end dates may change based on the needs of the business.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, our culinary employees are responsible for the execution of various areas of line preparation, prioritizing duties, ensuring cleanliness throughout the kitchen and maintenance of quality standards. Our culinary employees are expected to prepare and plate dishes for service, observing the Chef’s recipes and pre-determined portion sizes, work as part of the culinary team to produce high quality dishes consistently and efficiently.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS (may vary depending on position):
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Culinary training from a recognized institution preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in a professional kitchen
- High school diploma
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must hold valid food safe certificate
- Must be able to stand for and work on your feet for a full day
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Must be available to work evening shifts, holidays and weekends. Start times will vary based on business volumes and operational demands
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. The Resort is unable to support any VISA applications.
To apply please submit your resume and complete the Questionnaire.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.