Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC) is the federally mandated antipoverty agency for Central Massachusetts, our mission is “helping people move to economic self-sufficiency through programs, partnerships, and advocacy.”
WCAC is hiring Intake Associates for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). The Intake Associate will provide exceptional customer service to income-eligible households who are applying for Fuel and Heating Assistance throughout the year. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and a willingness to assist clients from all backgrounds. Data entry, computer skills and customer service experience are required. Bilingual individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general reception duties: greet clients, and visitors, answer telephone, transfer calls, and file processed paperwork.
- Respond to general questions relative to the LIHEAP program.
- Perform intake of applications and enter data. Successfully complete all applications to the point of pending certification.
- Distribute LIHEAP paperwork and file the client and program related records.
- Provide accurate program information and arrange appropriate referrals to other programs and agencies to applicants and visitors contacting the agency.
- Place outgoing telephone calls to clients as needed for program compliance.
- Assist in generating program related notices and reports.
- Assist in sorting, opening, date-stamping, and filing incoming and outgoing mail and documents.
- Provide backup to the front desk assisting clients and answering phones when needed.
- Attend trainings and meetings with the LIHEAP team.
- Work toward learning application certification.
- High School Diploma or GED/ HiSET equivalent required.
- Ability to handle incoming and outgoing calls for the agency and to greet clients and visitors.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills, including all systems used within the agency and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to speak and write in languages in addition to English a plus.
- Strong communication skills and experience dealing with customers in person preferred.
Send cover letter and resume specifying position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Human Resource Department, Worcester Community Action Council, 484 Main St, 2nd Floor, Worcester, MA 01608. Application deadline is April 9, 2021.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.