Pool Attendant (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
These are seasonal positions from approximately May - September 2021. Start and end dates may change based on the needs of the business.
Our Pool Attendants are responsible for overseeing the Eldorado Resort outdoor pools and hot tubs, as well as supporting other departments (Housekeeping and Food & Beverage) in providing an enjoyable and safe experience for all patrons in the swimming areas. .
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors number of guests in outdoor pool and sets capacity due to COVID-19 spacing requirements. Must be comfortable speaking with guests and asking them to leave pool area due to restriction on number of guests at one time.
- Ensures social distancing is adhered to at all times.
- Sanitizes pool furniture between guests using proper COVID-19 protocols.
- Manages pool towel stocking and ensures HSKP laundry rotation is prompt.
- Inspects facilities for cleanliness; completes general pool cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Follows emergency action plan and procedures established in the event of an emergency.
- Maintains order in the pool and adjoining areas.
- Provides general information on resort & pool operation to guests.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The resort is unable to assist those without a visa.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Guest service focused – previous experience in a guest service related role would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of pool equipment and maintenance.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies - knowledge of CPR an asset.
- Available to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.